Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day Before

Well, it's the night before our scheduled delivery.  What an interesting feeling to have waited and prayed so long for the delivery of little Jonathan David, especially since our journey has brought us so far from where we thought we would be sitting on this day. 

September 12, 2011 will prove to be a life-changing day in the life of our family.  As we sit here tonight, we have no way of knowing exactly how things will change.  Either way, we are welcoming our fourth child into the world and we are very excited about meeting him.  The other day I was driving down the road in the minivan with our three other children.  I couldn't help but smile in gratitude.  Finishing up college, I had big dreams for my life--one of those being a family.  I had no idea what that would look like or where I would be, but I'm so thankful the Lord granted those desires above and beyond anything imagined.

A wonderful husband.  Three incredible children.  And we have lived a life of adventure for Him.  It's been a ride.  I am thankful for what this has done in me because I wouldn't be the person I am today without every bit of the day to day walk of faith. 

And now the adventure continues.  He will take and use every moment of my life to refine me.  I'm so excited about meeting Jonathan David, seeing him, holding him.  Do I pray for that miracle delivery?  Absolutely!!  Why not and what do we have to lose?  Our God is MORE than able.  Will we accept and love him with Spina Bifida and all?  Absolutely!!  He is a gift from God, set in our family.  We are all very excited to love him and take care of him. 

So, for tonight, we sit on the precipice of something grand.  A new son.  A renewed calling.  Perhaps, a new direction in our journey altogether.  But, you will find me rejoicing.  And you will find me grateful.  I know that He is good and all that He does is good.

2 comments:

  1. We continue to pray for you and your family as you prepare for the arrival of Jonathan David. We pray for His healing hand upon your son and that your testimony and trust in Him through this trial would pave the way for the Gospel to go forth among many peoples. Praying for you especially this morning.

    EE

    ReplyDelete
  2. In unceasing prayer for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete