Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Good"

There are many moments in the day when I look at Jonathan and wonder what the Lord is doing.  He is a visible reminder that times have changed for our family.  We are still waiting on the next step--living in a borrowed house, driving a borrowed car. 

And then there are just as many moments in the day when I wonder what the Lord has in store for Jonathan.  I am constantly asking Jeremy if he thinks Jonathan will be ok.  He just smiles and says, "Jonathan will be who God wants him to be.  Enjoy him for today!"  It's so very hard not to worry.  Tonight he has a bad cold, one that worked its way through our house.  I worry because he's a baby not yet four months old.  I worry because he's got Spina Bifida.  I worry because I don't really know what else to do when the prayers have been said. 

But that little guy is strong.  He's so sweet.  When we hold him, he looks up at us and says in his little voice something that sounds very much like, "Good."  It's like his way of reassuring us that he's ok and he will fight and everything will be fine.  It's the funniest thing.  He's got a cold, his eyes are red and watery, he's coughing, and yet he looks up at me and smiles this big smile and says, "Good."  Thank you, God, for the small ways you remind me that You are good and all You do is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment