Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Two Step

Sorry it's been a while since we posted a blog!  There just isn't enough time in the day right now.

But, today I'm sitting here by little man's bed while he sleeps and I have a few minutes to spare.  The "Two Step" is a dance (at least I think it is, not much of a dancer here!).  I think they should call these weeks in NICU the "Two Step" since it ends up being two steps forward and two steps backward.  Things can change daily, or from morning to afternoon.

We've had multiple days where Jeremy came in the morning, had a nice visit, and things had significantly changed by the time I arrived in the afternoon.  It's a great test of faith and endurance; and, yet, I still feel that I have much to learn in these areas.

God has done much to sustain us during this season in the NICU.  Even on the hardest of days, emotionally, I know that He hears my prayers (and the countless others) and He desires that I trust Him.  I have thought many times about several men of faith in the Word who cry out to God in honest prayer (some even in sack cloth and ashes) because He alone is God and Who else is there to cry out to?!  No one else has the power to heal or change our circumstances or sustain us, so why wouldn't I continue to cry out to Him.

He is good.  And one day "beauty will rise" from all these ashes (great song from Steven Curtis Chapman).  I look forward to that day, whether it's tomorrow or one day the other side of eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment